Thursday, April 14, 2016

The Last Post...

After some soul searching, I've decided to stop writing regular blog posts.  It has been my pleasure to help out people interested in doing spatial things...and for free!  The GIS world is large, diverse, friendly, and super smart!  I've enjoyed getting to know what other people are working on around the world and how to approach very complex problems! I've learned a lot in the process, and I hope you have too!

Why stop?  Well, projects were getting more complex and time consuming, including a post on GeoServer, which didn't get finished, and more maps using Leaflet.  Believe it or not, I have more than 100 ideas for posts--which never got done!  I also spent extra time creating a few YouTube videos.  -The process is just too time consuming,  I plan to devote more time to trying to develop a QGIS plugin and hiking in the Mid-Atlantic region. My only regret is that I didn't finish the GeoDA tutorial. That was never my intention.  My favorite thing has been to watch QGIS grew into the platform it is today!

Lastly, I've decided to re-double my efforts at work in violence prevention and reducing firearm homicides in Baltimore City (http://data.baltimoresun.com/news/police/homicides/).  If you are still interested in following me, subscribe to my Twitter feed @jontheepi: https://twitter.com/jontheepi.

All the best!




6 comments:

  1. very sad, there are a lot of gems to find here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relaunching my YouTube Channel on Open Source GIS with new videos in April (2018). Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYBdq5iYLbouPmbe59WeX1w.

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://www.spatialdigitech.com/en/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice and good article. It is very useful for me to learn and understand easily.
    AWS Training in Delhi
    AWS Training Course in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, this is generally helpful.
    Still, I followed step-by-step your method in this
    dot net training
    dot net course

    ReplyDelete